Air conditioners have become a vital part of residential as well as commercial projects. When it comes to the benefits of air conditioner, keeping the temperature moderate and maintaining favorable indoor environment and a better air quality are the most important ones. Moreover, an energy efficient air conditioner also saves a huge energy cost every year, while requiring least maintenance if taken care properly.
But How to Keep the HVAC system in Well-maintained form?
Well, this becomes bit more difficult if you are an average homeowner or individual not even having the basics of air conditioning system. Many building owners often seen ended up in frustration because of sudden AC shutdowns during hot summer, which is more prevalent in Singapore than other seasons. In this case, it’s a good idea to go for a reliable AC repair and maintenance service provider in Singapore like KPA, that inspects and maintains your system throughout fall and spring. The AC repair and maintenance often includes inspection of the system, cleaning of the wiring, evaluation of the unit’s mechanism etc., which is bit challenging for a non-savvy building owner to carry out.
Simple Steps to Prolong AC ‘S Life & Its Efficiency
Step 1: Now
- Purchase a high-efficiency pleated air filter. These filter carries an electrostatic charge that functions like a magnet to capture even the tiniest particles, including those carrying bacteria.
- Keep your HVAC system free from dust, grass, leaves and pollens. Don’t let the lawn mower to throw grass clippings onto HVAC units.
- Clean outdoor HVAC system spaces
Step 2: Monthly or Occasionally
- Inspect system’s refrigerant lines every month
- Replace your AC’s air filter at least after every 3 months; however, check filter on a monthly basis for sure. If the filter is looking dull or clogged, replace it immediately. For buildings having pets, it is recommended to replace air filter every month.
- In summer, turn off water to furnace humidifier
- In fall, replace humidifier filter and turn water on. Replace humidifier wick filter, set a humidistat in between 35 to 40 percent relative humidity and then turn on water supply.
- Don’t close over 20 percent of the building’s registers so as to avoid putting excessive pressure on your HVAC system
Step 3: Annually
- Replace the system’s carbon monoxide detector battery
- Make sure your outdoor AC system is on the level and firm ground
- Clean your AC condensate drain with mild bleach & water mixture. Pouring this mixture down the AC’s condensate drain prevents mold and algae growth as these species may clog the system.
Why Do We Emphasize Timely AC Maintenance?
Routine maintenance as mentioned above, definitely leads to lower utility expenses, reduced AC repair and replacement costs and happy building’s occupants. Maintaining HVAC systems not just protects your electronic equipment but also people residing in the building from IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) concerns and discomfort.
The energy-efficient HVAC (Heating, Cooling, Ventilation, and Hot-water) systems are the norms of the day with greater influence on a property’s value than ever before.
Confused to start inspection? Contact KPA Singapore efficient HVAC technicians right away https://kpa-aircon.com/contact-us/